M A S T E R M A T I C !
Important Notice: Please visit www.id-extras.com/products/mastermatic for the latest version of this script. Thank you. This page is no longer being updated!
Apply master pages based on paragraph and object styles
Works with: InDesign CS5, CS5.5, CS6 and CC (Creative Cloud) on Windows and Mac computers.
This script lets you associate master pages with paragraph styles and object styles.
So you can now make a list of instructions to tell InDesign:
- Wherever paragraph style A appears in the document, apply master page X
- Wherever paragraph style B appears in the document, apply master page Y
- … and so on.
You can do the same with object styles:
- Wherever object style A appears in the document, apply master page X
- Wherever object style B appears in the document, apply master page Y
- etc. etc.
For example, you can now easily have a special master page applied on every page that contains a graphic image, and a different master page applied to every page that has a “Chapter Title” paragraph style, and so on.
But the best part of it is that it will update automatically while you work!*
Unlike a traditional InDesign script, this script can keep track of your document while you work and update the master pages as needed – automatically! So if your text reflows, or you move a graphic to a different page, the appropriate master page will be applied automatically while you continue to work. It’s truly MASTERMATIC!
Here’s a screenshot, showing the various options:
- Create as many paragraph style–master page pairs as you need.
- Create as many object style–master page pairs as you need.
- “Live Update” – InDesign will continuously monitor your document, and apply the correct master pages as needed.*
- Choose a default master page for all other pages.
- Choose a master page to apply to all blank pages.
- Ignore the first X number of pages at the start of the document (often, preliminary pages have a specific set of master pages applied whose order never changes).
- All your settings are stored in the document, so you do not need to set them up more than once.
Click here to download a demo version of this script and try it out now.
A single license for this script is available at $49 USD. For multiple licenses, please contact us to arrange a discount.
To purchase the full version for only $49, click the “Buy Now” button, or email us. Your will receive your full, unlocked script normally within one working day.
Users who have purchased “Apply Masters to Pages” since 1 January, 2014, may upgrade to Mastermatic for $25 USD.
The terms of the license permit the installation of the script on a single user’s computer. The script is copyright. It is illegal to make unauthorised copies of the script.